Sunday, March 17, 2013

'Nan's Bears' comfort children in ER - Statesville Record & Landmark: News

'Nan's Bears' comfort children in ER - Statesville Record & Landmark: News

This link will take you to the article written about the ministry which was published in our local newspaper on February 25th.  The article has been in the making for a long time, even when the newspaper didn't know it.  People used to tell me that I should go to the newspaper and tell them about the ministry to get more publicity.  Since I always knew this ministry isn't about me, I knew it would only be a matter of time, God's time, when it would be publicized to the community at large.  In time, the newspaper did contact me and now you know the rest of the story.
It began with a phone call from Bethany Fuller, a reporter with the R & L, asking to interview me early last month.  I agreed to the interview.  On Feb. 15th, Bethany and I met and had a lovely conversation. The article was originally supposed to be published in the Believer's section of the paper.  Well, we know that didn't happen! It wound up on the front page!
To back up a bit.....On Friday, the 22nd, when Bethany told me that they wanted to put it on the front page and wanted a photo of me with the bears, I had to do some quick thinking! Like any other woman, I thought, what will I wear for a photo on the front page of the newspaper?  I didn't have much time! The reporter would come the next day to photograph me at home cleaning bears.  I went straight to Cato Fashions and began looking for the perfect thing to wear! I knew I had "nothing in the closet to wear" (smile).  As I searched the racks, finding a few options, a lady asked me if I was finding everything I needed.  I began to tell her about the upcoming photo and article.  Later I discovered that she was the store manager.  Marcella was incredible! Searching for the perfect color and style was her profession and she treated me like royalty! I thanked her profusely as I made my purchase.
I received so many compliments about the photo and article.  I was overwhelmed! :)
Look forward to reading more stories as I create the time to write them for you.  Believe me, there are definitely more stories to tell you!! :) Talk with you later! Gotta get ready for church now

No comments:

Post a Comment