Monday, September 3, 2012

Sunflowers, teddy bears and a little blonde

One of the most magnificent sights I've ever seen has been one of my greatest pleasures this summer.  I just love the fields of my beloved Iredell County in the Piedmont region of North Carolina.  A breathtaking display of literally huge fields of sunflowers has graced the horizon of nearby farms in recent days.  Honey bees have delighted in tickling the tender buds of millions of sunflowers.  Shutterbugs of all ages and expertise have constantly dotted the landscape searching for that "just right" spot along the outer reaches of the fields to capture the perfect bloom.  A young bride in full wedding attire, not sure who was beaming more brightly, her or the sunflower blossoms being photographed for her wedding album.  Luckily, my daughter was with me one Sunday afternoon.  Naturally, I had to snap a few shots of Ashley with the sunflowers.  I will include a beautiful photo of her soon.
And of course, I, on my way to work, stopped by the roadside to snap a few shots of the radiant blooms with a teddy bear hanging on to a stem.  One glorious morning I just had to stop for one more effort to capture the perfect specimen for my 2013 teddy bear calendar.  The parking lot of a large church ended where the sunflower field began.  Naturally, I had several teddy bears tagging along.  As I took my photos, I noticed a beautiful young mother and her little daughter with blonde hair, both barefooted a few yards away.  Mom was taking photos of her little darling, Kayleigh.  As I had time to linger, I asked Michelle if she would like for me to take some photos of her and Kayleigh over by the sunflowers.  She beamed, delighted by my offer.  It was a rare treat for me to photograph such a sweet, loving moment with mother and daughter among the sun-kissed blooms.  I gave Kayleigh one of my little teddy bears and she held it as I snapped the photos of her and her mom kissing and hugging a few feet into the field of flowers.
Though we had never met before, as we talked about the fields of sunflowers, children and the teddy bear ministry, I felt as though we had known each other all our lives.  I treasure each and every day and all the wonders God reveals to me as the day progresses.  What a great pleasure to go out and truly live life to the fullest.  Don't just think about "it".  Do it.  Whatever it is that motivates you and inspires you, do it with zest and enthusiasm!! You'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment